Get your children thinking about gratitude this Thanksgiving with a lovely handmade "Thankful Tree."
Your kids will love putting this together, and have so much fun decorating the leaves! There is something about taking the time to stop and write down the blessings in your life that makes them sweeter and makes you appreciate them more. There are many different ways to do this craft – so we will go through a few.
Materials Needed for Paper Tree:
- 1-2 packages of brown paper bags
- 1 Package of our E-Z Print Sign Board Primary Variety Pack
- A roll of scotch tape
- Gel pens or markers
Table Top Tree:
- Twigs from outside
- 1 spool of baker’s twine
- Gel pens or markers
- Hole Punch
- The first step is to create the base of the tree. Our poster board and foam board products make for the perfect base! They can be cut, colored, and placed together however you would like. Another great alternative is paper bags. You can tear and crumple paper bag pieces to create a large tree!
- The next step is to think of things/people/places your are thankful for and compile a list. You can make “rules” for the leaves, or leave your family members to choose to make as many leaves as they’d like, with anything they are thankful for. A great product to use for the leaves is our sign board. We offer a variety of sizes and colors – including red, orange, yellow, and green – the perfect colors for leaves.
- Another great thankful tree idea is to make one with twigs from outside, or a spool of baker’s twine, which can be purchased at the craft store. This smaller version makes the perfect Thanksgiving family dinner center piece. You can even have your guest create a leaf of their own to add to the tree!
After creating and attaching the leaves, your “Thankful Tree” is done. Place the tree in an area in your home so that you can see it every day. The tree will bring gratitude to your daily life and you will constantly be able to read and be reminded of the things you are thankful for. This project is guaranteed to bring a smile to your face every time you look at it! Visit www.iClicknPrint.com for all your customizing and project needs. Happy Thanksgiving!